22RE EGR ?....

Just recently had the intake gasket replaced on my 22Re EFI engine and noticed that the EGR valve has a little metal "pipe" coming off of it. Was wondering if there's s'posed to be a vacuum line which plugs into this or not? A buddy gave me a hand with the job and removed some lines without marking them and now I have an extra vacuum hose hanging around and the only place it looks like it would go to is that EGR thingy. The line is hanging off of a puck-looking plastic part with other vacuum hoses sprouting out of it all over my everywhere....but at least they all are hooked up to something(prolly not right). Is anyone familiar with vacuum routing on one of these motors?? Some dummy decided to rattle-can paint the underside of the hood and went right over the damn routing sticker so I'm in a fog as to where this line may go. TIA for any pointers!

Reply to
Robbo

Go here and find the appropriate vacuum diagram for your year of truck.

Autozone is a great online resource.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hey! This is from an 86 22R-TE California. Hope it gets your EGR system fixed. ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

I would give you a picture of mine but before I bought someone.Painted the under side of my hood to. Sorry

Reply to
Jamie Mello

The link wouldn't work:(

Reply to
Robbo

Thanks anyway...prolly why a lot of these older Toys run like crap...too many dummies out there painting over quite possibly the most important sticker on the entire vehicle and nothing gets re-connected the right way. I've looked at several service manuals and the diagrams they have look like they were drawn by some kindergartener with a buncha broken fingers.

Reply to
Robbo

"Robbo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

sjc.supernews.net.

of these motors?? Some dummy decided to rattle-can paint the underside of the hood and went right over the damn routing sticker so I'm in a fog as

Stop by local Toy Dealer & ask to have a look @ Factory Repair Manual for your year 22R. Have done this many times. My dealer has even copied the page or two I needed so could take home for reference. Good luck. dc

Reply to
doncee

Right!

-=ANY=- group without the included 'binaries' is presumed to be a -=TEXT=- only group!

A little searching should find an alt.binaries.autos.___

ZaXXoN found these unused words:

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Just go to Autozone.com and follow the links to the vacuum diagrams.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler