22re stumble

I've got a little hiccup under load from time to time and was thinking I should change my plugs and rotor. Or cap and rotor? Entire distributor?

203k and if the distributor has ever had any attention paid to it, it was at 100k. Plugs probably have 10k on them now. Is it difficult to change the distributor/cap/rotor? Thanks!
Reply to
<h2ost

First of all, take off the cap and check the contact points. If they are black, try lightly sanding them down so you see the metal. Then put the cap back on, and if you notice a difference in idle or whatnot, then replace the cap. Also check the rotor the same way, if black, sand it. When the plugs were put in, were they put in right? Make sure they are snug in the hole, and that all of the wires are on the plugs. I once had a similar problem, cylinder 4's wire kept coming off of the plug.

Hope I was helpful.

Dave

Reply to
D GsKi