4 Runner dash delaminating

We have a 98 4 Runner with the imitation wood dash accents throughout the vehicle. Very nice touch when new. This vehicle is garaged and only has 73K. All the once beautiful dash panels are now turning grey and delaminating. When all the panels finish self-destructing so will the vehicle's resale value. Has this happened to anyone else and do I have any recource from Toyota? This truck was 33K new. I am really pissed.

Reply to
S R

Apperance trim item - out of warranty - no chance Yota delaer would help. Many of these were aftermarket kits - the dealer applied and added big $ to vehicle cost. Get a hair dryer and heat it up to remove it. Then use Lift Off or GOOP to clean off the residue. Alternatively you could buy another kit and install it after removing the old one (they seem to run $150 or so). They now have carbon fiber look, brushed aluminium plus many different wood looks. Check ebay for kits too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have a 96 $runner with exactly the same problem, in my case the trim is delaming, and looks yellow, its awful in other spots the trim has just lifted off completely. I have tried to glue parts of it back down, but in extreme cold the plastic curls up and pulls away from the backing this is especially bad around the 4 wheel drive selector. having seen pictures of 4 runners with out the trim though I'm not sure what is worse. the plain black plastic beneath the trim looks really plain and cheap.

Dave

Reply to
JimmySmitsLovesChocolateMilk