87 Toyota 4Runner Almost stalls when Clutching

Very Strange Issue here. I have an 87 4Runner 5speed 22RE that recently started stalling when driving down the road. It doesn't seem to ever stall or attempt to stall out when revving it up without the vehicle moving, but I have determined that the when ideling and stopped, it will almost stall when depressing or releasing the clutch, the check engine light comes on and it almost stalls but then catches and the light goes off. This happens about 75% of the time when I was troubleshooting, so it is somehow related I started thinking vacuum, but as far as I know there are no vacuum lines involved with the clutch. When driving down the road it will do the same thing when clutching or right before fully depressing the clutch.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
gusdog

Look for vacuum leak, especially a break in the tube from the air cleaner. Post back when you solve it.

Reply to
ed_herman