91 Toyota 4x4 engine swap questions

Does anyone know if it is possible to slip one of the newer 150 HP 4 cylinder truck engines into a 91 4x4 Toyota truck with a 3.0 V-6? I have 285,000 miles on mine and although the engine is running fine and I've replaced some necessary gaskets I know it is only a matter of time before something major needs replacing. I'd also like to try to pick up a few extra MPG if possible. I am assuming I would need the engine and electronic module plus wiring harnesses. I would like to keep my same transmission and transfer case if possible. Has anyone got any thoughts or advice? Is there a chart that shows which Toyota engines mate with which transmissions, etc?

Reply to
sgt_az

Possible yes, your choice of donor motors wouldnt be my choise but yeah, go for it.

My choice would be either the 4litre new V6 or the IUZI 4litre V8. With the

8 you will get better milage than most V6s as they just idle along no worries.
Reply to
Scotty