93 22r overheat,Help?

Have 93 4x4 with 22r, have replaced water pump, thermostat, fan and had radiator cleaned. What else could cause an overheated motor. If I turn heater on it helps reduce the temp. Could it need a new radiator?

Reply to
byrdog

Duane

Thanks Duane, I was hoping it was not the head, toyota has shaved that head 2 times already. Seems I have a lemon.

Reply to
byrdog

Sometimes the hoses separate and the interior part collapses restricting the flow. Assume use flushjed the system with chemicals and used fresh 50-50 coolant? What did radiator shop say shen you had it cleaned (cleaned - do you mena rodded? Or just a chemical flush? Also the radiator cap might not be pressurizing the system --- get a new OEM one.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks for the help first. Radiator shop just flushed. Didnt know about the hoses doing that. Will also get oem cap. As a side note, I put new fan clutch in, is it supposed to turn? I thought I read somewhere here it should not turn whike not running. It feels tighter than the old one but will turn, thanks again.

[/color]

Reply to
byrdog