95 Tacoma 3 leaf rear spring

I've got a 95 ( Bought new in September 95 ) Tacoma with 303,000 miles on it and the passenger side rear leaf spring ( 3 Leaf) has a cracked leaf and it seems impossible to find a replacement.I have had many , many conversations with junk yards and even the local dealer. Everyone has 4 leaf models , but no 3. Was there a change in the leaf springs? Is this issue related to the unit being purchased when the Tacomas first came out? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Mike

P.S. If I put on the 4 leaf set it seems the rear would be lifted 3-4 inches. Any Ideas for the front if I try this?

Reply to
Mike Siedle

You should replace both sides. You have the option of using a pre-Tacoma spring pack, which should lift the rear about 2" if I recall right. There are several after-market spring packs available as well, some lift and some don't. Broken springs are common on the early Tacoma.

conversations

Reply to
Dan G