98 Tacoma Parking Brake...

The front half of the parking brake cable on my Tacoma broke the other day. It had corroded at the point where it is connected to the "transfer arm" (for the lack of a better term) where then a separate cable connects to the rear brakes.

Then, the next day the check engine light came on. It was the first hot day of the year so I had the AC on. I have about 72,000 miles on the truck and I am still getting good gas mileage (18-20 mpg) and it seems to be running fine.

I don't suspect that the two items are related, but could they be? Also, how hard is it to replace the parking brake cable? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Christopher R. Sprague