abs brakes

I am curious. Does anyone else have the feeling that thier abs system is way to sensative? Is I brake on sand or hit a bump while braking the dang abs motor comes on and the brakes work poorly. I live in new england and the roads are a bit bumpy! Is there a way to adjust the motor to be less touchy?

Reply to
Frank

There should be no adjustments. When was the last time the brake fluid was flushed?

Reply to
johngdole

If you press the pedal strong enough to stop a tire, the ABS is supposed to kick in and allow the tire to turn. This ability lets you retain directional stability -- the vehicle will turn if you ask it to instead of continue on the straight line path that the skid and motion have put it onto.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Oversensitive" ABS systems often mean "crappy tires".

Improved traction = less ABS activations

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

Reply to
Frank

Firm braking while going over a bump causing the ABS to activtate. Bled the system and got rid of that. I know it's a 07, but that's why I was asking if the system was flushed. I use Castrol GT LMA (Low Moisture Activity) or Valvoline SynPower brake fluids. I'd stay away from Toyota's CCI made brake fluids.

message

Reply to
johngdole