ABS light

Can anyone help with this? 2003 Taco prerunner. The ABS light came on yesterday and stayed on with the exception of one short drive. Is there a way to reset the light to see if it comes on again or do I have to take it to the dealer? Could my having wired a third brake light into the left rear tail light have had anything to do with it coming on? Thanks in advance. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

johngdole

Well, I swear after I wired in the third light it worked properly (was not one with the lights but came on with the brake lights) but...I checked again last night and it was on with the lights and went out with the brakes!!! Unhooked it and drove around and the ABS light went out. So what did I do wrong? How do you wire in the third brake light? H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

properly (was

but...I

light went

Could be the replacement bulb. My understanding is some after market bulbs may not be compatible with brake lights out sensor. Just a thought. dc

Reply to
doncee

If Frank's talking about the bulb sensor then YES, the splice will affect the bulb sensor. The high mount stop light needs to go on a particular wire on the sensor.

Reply to
johngdole