AC help needed

'96 Tacoma Xtracab 4x4

Last summer I had the AC evaporator unit replaced under the glove box. Since then, every time I turn the air conditioner on and am running above 60 mph a flapping noise starts. It sounds like it's coming from under the hood and it sounds much like the sound of mud flaps slapping against the truck. Yes, I check the flaps. This happens with either the inside and fresh air settings. When I turn off the AC, the sound goes away. Any help to identify possible explanations for this would be greatly appreciated. You know how annoying it is when a new and unfamiliar sound suddenly starts!

Thanks, rb

Reply to
Ross

Its POSSIBLE that there is noise from the freon moving thru the system ( like water pipes banging in an old house), but should be a temperature related and not speed related. if it was the fresh air door it would do it w/wo the ac on.

Reply to
Im Right

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. The first thing I think I'll do is check out that "fresh air door". Now, can you tell me how to get to it and what to look for when I find it. Hopefully, it's not tucked away in some convoluted place that hard to reach.

Thanks, rb

Reply to
Ross