Rattling AC and radiator --- help needed.

Hi,

I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima GLE.

For some reason I am getitng this extremely loud rattling sound in the engine and it is somewhat correlated with turning on and off the AC. Sometimes that rattling sound in the engine occurs even without the AC on. When I look under the hood, it seems that the rattling sound is coming from the radiator (the radiator is shaking heavily). I looked at the cooling fans inside and only one of the cooling fans is on.

So, can anyone help me figure this one out? Should both cooling fans be on? Do I need to fix the fans? Is there something wrong with the AC? Perhaps its the timing chain?

Please help.

Thanks,

Mehul

Reply to