Adding a buzzer for when lights are left on?

Hi!

I have an 86 22r pickup. I was wondering how hard it would be to add in a reminder buzzer for when I left my headlights on and taken the keys out. I've only left them on three times in my life, but this last time was a little, um, challenging to get someone to give me a jump. (You're invisible in a Metro parking lot when you have jumper cables in your hands.... grin )

Any advice on what to buy, where to install it, etc., would be very helpful...

Thanks loads, Cappy

Reply to
Cappy

Easiest of all installations. Pop into any electronics store and purchase a Pizzo buzzer. Wire the +ve to headlight +ve (and fused of course) and then wire the -ve of buzzer to any ignition feed wire. When your headlights are on and the car is running there will be no voltage difference across the buzzer. If you have left the lights on and teh ignitions off there will be a path for current and the buzzer will sound.

Reply to
Scotty

Thanks! That makes sense. Now I need to find the buzzer...

Cappy

Reply to
Cappy