Lights on indictor does not work on my disco es

Can anybody help!! my lights on indictors on my 300 es disco does appear to be workering any ideas cheers

Reply to
Ivordunnit via CarKB.com

Door switch not working?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A bit more detail would be useful! Are they not working at all, or do they work from the hazard switch?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I 'think' he means the 'lights on warning lamp' rather than the indicators or 'turn signals' for merkins.

But as English seems to be a greater problem to him than his electrics, I may be wrong.

If the lights on lamp is not working, the 1st course of action is to check the dash board bulb.

If the indicators are not working, then check the switch.

If the 'lights on indictors are workering' (sic) then I suggest that the thrumble washers need adjusting.

I never knew Spagthorpe had branched out in to Land Rovers. You live and learn.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Ok i'm sorry, one to many drinks, went out to the car to lock it and realised i left the lights on. Wrote the message straight afterwards still hammered and very pissed off. The lights on buzzer is not working, ie when i take the keys out and open the door. The interior lights work etc but no sound to let me know.

Reply to
Ivordunnit via CarKB.com

IMPORTANT INFORMATION AUDIBLE WARNINGS In some markets the vehicle specification will include one or more of the following audible warnings:

8< snip

?Lights on? warning buzzer If the lights are left on after the starter switch is turned off, a warning buzzer will sound when the driver?s door is opened. The buzzer will cease as soon as the lights are switched off or when the driver?s door is closed.

CIRCUIT OPERATION Multi?Function Unit (MFU) The multi?function unit (MFU) is mounted on the rear of the passenger compartment fusebox and has an input to operation of the following:

Heated rear screen

Heated front screen

Courtesy lights

Side and headlights

Rear fog guard lamps

Headlamp power wash

Front wipers

Rear wash/wipe Diagnostic Procedure

  1. Close all doors and the tailgate. NOTE: If the oil pressure switch goes open circuit (engine is started) during the following procedure, the MFU will exit the diagnostic mode immediately.
  2. Press and hold the heated rear screen switch and switch on the ignition.
  3. Release the heated rear screen switch within 2 seconds and the MFU will beep to indicate that it?s in diagnostic mode 1.
  4. Press the heated rear screen switch; the MFU will beep twice. In turn, operate each of the following switches, heated front screen, rear fog guard lamps, side lights, headlights, front wiper, and rear wiper. The MFU will beep twice each time a switch is oper-ated.
  5. Pressing the heated rear screen again will cause the MFU to enter diagnostic mode 2.
  6. The MFU will provide outputs to the following in order given below:

Heated rear screen relay energised for 2 seconds

Heated front screen energised for 2 seconds

Courtesy lights energised for 2 seconds

Dim dip relay energised for 2 seconds

Rear fog guard lamp energised for 2 seconds

Headlamp power wash energised for half a second

Front wiper energised for half a second

Rear wipe/wash energised for half a second

  1. The MFU will then exit the diagnostic mode.
Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Checked out the MFU diagnostic mode, all works as it should except i hear no sound from the Fog guard light switch could this be the problem. Fog light appear to be working ok. Thanks for your time any ideas.

Reply to
Ivordunnit via CarKB.com

You think you've got problems... My ashtray is full, I'm thinking of selling the Disco and buying something with a decent sized ashtray...

Reply to
Mother

You just can not get the size of ashtray anymore!! try dropping butts out of window instead. If your driving a disco your certainly not worried about the environment anyway.

Reply to
Ivordunnit via CarKB.com

On or around Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:37:40 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

you could quit smoking instead...

Reply to
Austin Shackles