Auto A/C Controller Failing - '99 4Runner

Some of the buttons on my automatic A/C controller are not functioning properly. Repeated pressing typically results in activating the switch/button but this is obviously annoying and unreliable. A new controller costs $750 so I am motivated to try and fix this instead of replace it. I took the controller apart but didn't notice anything that might be causing this other than speculating that a cicuit board may be going bad.

Anyone have this problem and able to fix it? Any recommendations on where to pick up a used one for a lot less than $750?

TIA

-Eric

Reply to
Knute Rockne

Well wudda ya know. "ImRight" is in my camp.

How addicted consumers are to gadgetry!! Better to have retained the simple and sturdy mechanical controls and then put the saved money back into places where they've shaved too much ... like plastic interor panels.

Reply to
Philip®

Caddys are "luxury" rides AND their systems have been problematic and vulnerable to expensive failures every bit as much. ATC is an expensive

*gadget* in a truck.
Reply to
Philip®

Falling asleep through Philip®'s post...

Imright is an Usenet hero

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

Eric, just try rebooting the controller by disconencting the battery for a minute, it may work.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Never expected to spark such passion on the subject of Auto A/C controls. While I doubt I would pay for automatic climate control as a dedicated option, I don't regret it was grouped within a package I did want.(or didn't until it started to malfunction). I had auto air on my 1991 Mitsubishi and it worked flawlessly for the 9 years I owned it so I kinda got spoiled.

Thanks to MDT Tech for the only constructive feedback, even though it didn't work. Thanks to the others for the amusing rants.

-E

Reply to
Knute Rockne