99 Voyager Flashing a/c and recirc LEDs after battery change

Just changed my battery and now have flashing a/c and recirc LEDs. Pressed rear wiper and rear washer buttons and all LEDs flash for approx 5 secs, then rear window wiper LED flashes. I press that button and the a/c recirc LEDs start flashing again. One website says to run cooldown test. Don't know what that is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Hal

Reply to
Hal

This is from my 96 manual, it should be the same....

Somehow your heating and air conditioning system got into calibration/diagnostic or test mode, and seem to be indicating a failed system. Normally this is accomplished by pressing a particular combination of these buttons and holding for 5 seconds. The tests can run for many minutes (up to 15) as it checks/calibrates all the motor/actuators and tests the cooldown ability of the AC.

Results and failures are shows as various combinations of flashing LED's on these same button lights.

For test abort you can turn ignition off, then on, or the test should abort after 15 minutes if still not passed. It will however be flashing the failure code that caused it not to pass within the 15 minutes.

Test mode and failure modes are differentiated by either the LED's flashing alternately or simultaneously.

Try to run the test purposely to see if it will pass and reset.

Set Blower to HI Set the Mode to Panel (all the way to the left - CCW) Set the temperature to full Cold (both slides if dual zone equipped) Depress and hold the Wash and Wipe buttons simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds (until all LED's light up)

First Wipe and Intermittent LED's should alternately flash during Cal Test Then after a few minutes AC and Recirc LED's should flash alternately during cooldown test If both tests pass - all LED's will go out and that's the end of it.

If it does not pass, then you really either need the manual to use the buttons and flashing LED codes to dig deeper into the failure codes for specific components or take it into a shop for them to diagnose and repair.

Failures flashing LED's can indicate several potentiometers, temp sensors, actuators, control panel etc.

Reply to
Mike Martin

Reply to
<stoddard

Mine did same thing for the same reason.. Did what they said here but the rec and other one next to it kept flashing maybe A/C can't remember,,, But I just hit them all at the same time... kind of like control - alt -delete the wipe, wash and rec all at once and they stopped, hasn't done it again since.

Reply to
Ted

If you run the tests and always get stuck with flashing lights - there is a failure in the system. If cool down fails, then the AC system can not create the required airflow temperature drop in the system. (Air not cold enough). Many other combinations of flashing lights point to different failures within the system.

If you press more than one button at a time on the panel, you could be accidentally entering the test mode without realizing it.

Once the test exits, as far as I know, it should not restart on its own.

combination

Reply to
Mike