Best speed for fuel efficency on 3.4L Tacoma?

I've got a manual 3.4 L V6 2003 Tacoma 4WD and it seems that 70 MPH is the sweet spot for the best gas mileage.

Has anyone done more extensive testing or know precisely what speed is the best?

Thanks, Stan

Reply to
Stan Ridgeway

what type of milage you getting? Just gassed up, getting 18.3 mpg on a

2003 4x4 extra cab V6
Reply to
TacomaDude

21-24 mpg 2000 V6 extra 4x4. Rarely got 25 mpg on freeway.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel

I have a 2003 automatic with 3.4L and I drive 120km/h (70ish) everyday on the highway. I'm LUCKY if i get 19mpg.

Reply to
postee

Hey T Dude

I'm looking for what you have. Any thoughts on Limited vs SR5. My last was a 90 xcab sr5 4x4 v-6 most like the Limited. Loved it all except the power antenna. thought?

Reply to
Helena

My 4Runner V8 drinks at about 19MPG rate consistently.

I can get 21 MPG at 45-55 speed. Above 70, it is flat 20mpg.

Reply to
DaViT

Wow... that's pretty good for the iForce V8 (in my opinion)

Day to day driving on my Tundra Access Cab - 15.5MPG on crappy California gas... Highway mileage - 20-22 running at 70+ Personal Best - 27MPG in Idaho/Montana on the i15 north between Idaho Falls, IH and Butte, MT, must be the altitude, my other vehicles tend to do pretty well on that stretch of Interstate...

I have a SnugLid bed cover which does help...

Tim

Reply to
t thome

On my last 4600 mile trip I averaged 20.71 mpg with a DC and the 3.4L Auto. Best milage was on the run from Fallon, NV to Las Vegas at 22.45 mpg. That's pretty wide open and posted limits are 70 for most of the way - crusin at

72ish and very light traffic.

On 17 Apr 2004 09:08:47 -0700, davit snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (DaViT) found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
J. A. Mc.