Can't find '03 Tacoma repair manual, will the '00 version suffice?

Hi,

I've been to 3 local parts stores and nobody has a service manual for my 2003 4WD 3.4L V6 Tacoma. Will the will '00 version suffice?

Thanks in advance, L. Brennan

Reply to
L. Brennan

Don't waste your time or money on aftermarket service manuals (although Haynes generally does a good job with their manuals). If you're planning on keeping your truck a while and doing a lot of work on it, then invest in a set of Toyota Factory Service Manuals for your vehicle. Your dealer should be able to order them for you. Or you can order them from the Toyota Materials Distribution Center:

Regards, Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

One can also purchase online access to the same materials at the saem site:

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

Yes, but I think a subscription would be of limited usefulness for a home mechanic: the subscription costs would quickly exceed the costs of buying the manuals outright.

Unless you're only planning on subscribing for one day ($10). Has anyone had success subscribing for one day and then downloading all the PDF files for their vehicle before the subscription expires? Is there a limit on how much you can download from the TIS Library in one day?

- Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

Isn't the full set of manuals something like $800? That's a lot of days.

The maintenance documents, lube / brakes / etc..., can be grabbed on the same day and burnt to a CD for reuse later. Repairs can be bought as needed.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge