Bumper Info Needed

I'm looking to replace the rear step bumper on my '85 2WD Xtra Cab. I found one that appears to be nearly perfect at the local wrecking yard. The only problem is that it is on an '84 4WD Xtra Cab. Can anyone please tell me if there is any difference between the 4WD bumper and the 2WD bumper? Will they interchange? I'm also looking at a passenger side front bumper endcap on the same truck and I'm wondering if that will interchange too? I've asked at two different wrecking yards and one of them told me that both of these items would interchange and the other said that they would not. If anybody knows for sure, I'd sure like to know. Thanks in advance. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, you can use any bumper going back to 1978 and up to 1995, all will bolt on but look different. Your best bumper would be from the 1989 to 1995 era, these are rated like a class II hitch, 3500 lbs towing and

350 lbs tounge weight. Will bolt right up, but grab the brackets if you use a bumper from the 89-95 generation.
Reply to
MDT Tech®