spare tire carrier?

I'd like to move my spare tire to the outside of my 95 Cherokee. Does anybody have a suggestion as to a particular mount or system? Thanks in advance. David

Reply to
D&LBusch

If your Jeep is a Cherokee, you have one very good option and that's the original Jeep mount, check wrecking yards.

I believe it requires replacing the rear bumper but I'm not sure about that.

Reply to
XS11E

I got one for our 89 in a yard for $25. It has numerous support brackets that reinforce the thin bumper to the frame. Take a set of sockets and end wrenches in standard and metric, some Torx, safety glasses, and a can of penetrating oil.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

and your wallet along with your bargaining skills, they probably want more than $25 these days...

Reply to
XS11E

That was a month ago at the Stockton, CA. Pick-n-pull.

Reply to
Stupendous Man