truck front bumper

About a week ago a lady ran the red light in front of me. I almost stopped in time but wound up with a bent front bumper and valance. She has NO INSURANCE. This is a non Tacoma 1994 extra cab pickup belonging to my father in law. Before I start calling wrecking yards, what other year bumpers are correct for this truck?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Should be able to use any pickup bumper from '89-'95, they should all be pretty close, try:

Roger Brown

I can't answer your question directly, but I would just recommend that you order a new bumper from Toyota. I have a 96 Tacoma, and it has a really cheap bumper on it. I hadn't had it long, before one day when I was walking out to the truck, I noticed that the front bumper was pushed in slightly. I remembered that I had parallel parked somewhere recently, and I figured that somebody did one of those deals where they back up i\until they hit your front bumper, and then they say "well, I guess that is as far back as I can go". So I went to the toyota place and they actually had a bumper in stock. It was $125. I then went to a local body shop, and they replaced it for me for $75. THis same thing happened again, and this time, I ordered bumper guards from JC WHitney to put on the front bumper. Since then, I try to not parallel park where someone can park in front of me, and so far, it has been years since it has been pushed in. In any case, new toyota bumpers are not that expensive, and the time you save looking is worth something. Good luck...

Reply to
rollee

Sorry to hear about the wreck,

All Toyota Pick-ups between 1989-1995 are the same... The Tacoma did not start until 1995 1/2... Check E-bay also, I have seen plenty of bumpers for sale on there, you may luck out and find one in your area.

Reply to
1992 Toyota Xcab

'89-'94 should work. Minor differences in the grille ("Toyota" vs the circular logo).

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer