Difficult Gearshift - 1998 Hilux 2L 2.4D 5 Speed

I have recenly found that I have difficulty fully engaging 2nd, 4th, or reverse gears. They sometimes engage normally, and at other times the shift seems stiff, and I have to pull the lever further back than normal to get the gear to engage.

It seems that the gear lever is not moving the selectors far enough to complete the shift sometimes.

Gear lever ball, finger are in good order, as is the cup fitting on the end of the shifter shaft.

Are there any components on the shifter/selector mechanisim further inside the box that could have come loose?

Thanks

Ian F

Reply to
mgamgb