dtc codes tacoma

2000 tacoma 4x4 2.7L 4cyl. code is PO125 clsd loop fuel cntr insufficant coolant temp.

DTC pending codes P1135 manufacturer contr. fuel air metering

advanced auto parts gave me these scan codes from my truck they felt it was the coolant temp sensor ,but the temp.gauge works fine it was a cheap part so I took there advise it didn't correct the problem I felt it was the after cat. oxy sencer I replaced it and that wasn't it. if I reset the check engine light by removing bat. terminal it will stay off for about 3 miles then comes back on any advise on what the real problem is ? this started after replacing the exhaust from cat back. that is why I felt I damaged the rear oxy sensor. any info. on what is giving this error code would help thank you

Reply to
gg

The coolant temp sensor tells the ECU what temp the engine is. It is not the same as the temp gauge sending unit, which runs the dash gauge.

I would hook up a scan tool that is capable of reading sensors values and check the coolant temp sensor. Also, you can't always trust the auto parts stores to read the codes properly. I can't find a code P1135 for Toyota. Are you sure that's correct ?

Reply to
Mike

the second code is what it says on the paper they gave me. but that's just a pending code. where is this coolant temp. sensor located? the only thing I can find is maybe at the egr pipe under the alt. at the return to the rad. from the engine.cant really see under there but there is some kind of sensor there ,is that the one?

Reply to
gg

No such code for a toyota. That's what can happen when using a generic scan tool, you don't get the proper code.

I believe it is located under the intake. I have a picture, do you have a valid email address that I can send it to ?

That is not the EGR pipe as it is attached to the cooling system. The EGR pipe runs from the back of the intake to the back of the exhaust.

The sensor you see below the alternator is the crank sensor.

Reply to
Mike