Engine Help Needed!

Hi!

In Nov 03, my engine "blew". IAfter months of searching for an affordable engine, I finally found one last month (used). I recieved it, and now things just aren't right...I am hoping someone can help me!!! Nothing seems to be lining up. The manifolds are not lining up, and there is no Emmissions on the new one. The company I bought it from demands that it is the correct engine. I have a 94 Toyota P/U DLX 4x4. The engine I bought was from a 91 Toyota P/U 4x4...so everything "should" fit! My question... I have numbers off both engines (7 digits long), how do I find out exactly what engines they are, from these numbers? Maybe my engine is the problem (I could have an engine that really isn't a 22RE) Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have been without my truck for too long!!!

Is there an engine numer tracking place? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks for your time! Sincerely, Julie

Reply to
Kylie--

Hi Julie,

I can't help you with the engine numbers (you may want to try the "parts man" at your local Toyota dealership).

One possible reason for the incompatibility is that one engine might have been made for the California market, while the other is for the rest of America. The People's Republic of Kalifornia has to do everything differently, including stricter emission standards than the Federal standards. This means that auto manufacturers often have to make physical changes to their engines for the additional emission devices and plumbing. If your engine is from a "California" truck, make sure the replacement is also from a "California" truck. Likewise, if your engine is NOT from a "California" truck, then the replacement engine should also NOT be from a "California" truck. Remember, where the truck or replacement engine has been residing in recent years is not important. What's important is what market it was originally manufactured for.

I hope this helps! Regards, Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

It may also be a Japanese home market engine. Does the valve cover say 22RE on it? A 91 long block ought to mount up with all your 94 accessories. Heck even an '85 up if EFI should. Post the serial number here.

Reply to
Wolfgang