Exhaust Leak Advice

I have a 1996 4Runner. It has developed an exhaust leak after the cat where the muffler pipe is joined to the cat. It looks like the flanges that join the two tubes together have separated a bit (from rust) and this is where I can feel exhaust gases coming from. Is this an easy repair if I was to take the truck to an exhaust shop? Or should I just have someone weld the two flanges together? I'm interested in some advice on how I should have this fixed.....and also what a repair like this should roughly cost... TIA

Reply to
Chad G

You should be able to get the bolts and gasket for under $5. It took me about 10 minutes on the wife's 1993.

Reply to
Chuck

A home jobbie that one. Spray some WD40/CRC on the bolts the night before and pull the join apart. File the faces flat and put in new gasket and some gasket goo. Tighten up and job done. $10 max.

Reply to
Scotty