Feature??

Mt son showed me a feature (I guess that is what it is) on my 03 Tundra. When starting the truck, as soon as the engine starts turning over, I can let go of the key and it will continue on its own until the truck starts. Is there a reason for this or just the design?

Reply to
IBNFSHN

yeah, i heard about them putting that on the new 4runners. i think i read that the reason was to avoid excess wear on the starter. i didn't know that start wear was much of a problem, but i'm no toyota engineer :)

Reply to
Mike Deskevich

Yep, it is by design, and is that way on my 03 Land Cruiser as well. It is described in the owners manual.

Dick Ballard snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Reply to
Dick Ballard