Four or Six ?

I am considering a 2002 or 2003 Toyota truck and would like to better understand the pro's and cons of a 4 or a 6 cylinder . My use would be to travel and camp in remote locations . There would be no hauling or loading with construction materials . With the price of gas being what it is I am leaning toward a 4 cylinder but do not want to buy and wish I had purchased a 6 .

Prior to test driving for which there is no substitute , I would like to hear from those who have already made the choice and there degree of satisfaction .

regards , n

Reply to
Norman Dowds

I have a 2005 Regular cab 2.7L 4CYL. I do not tow anything except a couple of Honda scooters and have basically light loads, but it has more than enough power and is very smooth. If driven conservatively, 25mpg is possible.

Reply to
Bob Palmer