FS - 1991 Previa, Deluxe 183,000

Just got a new car, and like to donate it (mini van, 7 seaters) out.

Very few rust spots, it was in garage for last 6 years. I spent over $2000 for last 2-3 years on it, and added over 40,000 miles last 2 years.

It has 2 like new tires, new sway front bars, 2 rear struts, catalytic converter, well cared.

The safety features are: SEAT belts, brakes, a matured driver (ME or yourself).

What is the reason offer I can expect to get on this beautiful car?

Reply to
Rey Wang

Forget to mention this,

It is in Northern NJ, gas mileage is decent good. I constantly get about 20 miles per gallon. Every week, I put in about 300 miles. I did 30,000 mile services around 152,000 mile. Another 30,000 mile passed since last major service, it is running very smooth, on NJ major highway no hesitation to cruise around 75 miles per hour.

Reply to
Rey Wang

Go to autotrader.com and plug in the stuff about your car to see what others in your area are selling similar cars for. My guess is that it is worth about $2500, maybe less. I found 19 within 75 miles of my house.

The rust spots will bring the value down. You can go to KBB.com (Kelley Blue Book) and plug in the features too. This might give a better number for your purposes. Autotrader will give a number that you can sell the car for on open market, which is not the same as a number for tax purposes -- which I assume is why you are donating the car.

The people taking the donation should give you a value that is accurate. They don't have an interest in giving a low ball value because that would send donors away, and they aren't wanting to attract the Tax Man by stating the value too high. Select your donor center, or a few centers, and give them a call and see what value they place on the car. Or, research this yourself and see if they will match the number you have in mind. Your value is the Private Party figure in kbb.com, with the condition rated as Poor to Good. (I don't know how they hit rust because cars do not rust where I live.)

Remember, thedonor center will come get the car and handle all of the paper work, so all you have to do is figure out which buttons to push on the phone.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland