Gas-out? (Not my post...)

Bruce L. Bergman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

This is completely untrue. Exxon alone adds the equivalent of 2 to 3 new refineries a year by expanding exisitng facilities, and by improving efficiency at existing refineries.

What they CANNOT DO is open NEW refineries at NEW locations because of activists, environmental laws and NIMBY-neighbors.

THIS is the reason capacity is at 99%.

An increasing amount of refined gasoline (NOT crude oil) is shipped in by tanker from OPEC and other oil-producing countries. Refined gas is preferable to crude because of the refinery bottleneck. Unfortunately it also carries a higher price than crude.

Most of your solutions involve getting the government off everybody's backs, which is exactly what I was saying.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Probably a judge who holds a personal opinion against the initiative in question. And there are always political groups who can't stand to see the good money they used to BUY the politicians go to waste because an initiative overrode them, so they go judge shopping.

Ever wonder why the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is the most overturned appellate court in the USA?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I think it is no coincidence that ol W, Bush is was a oilman before he took office. Now his pals in the oil business are getting richer. pretty short line linking the two.

Reply to
notmyrealname

pretty short line linking the two.

Yeah, well there's a pretty empty space linking your eardrums too

Reply to
Mark

hmmm, I don't recall insulting you. I can only hope that you're less useless in real life than your post suggests.

PLONK

Reply to
notmyrealname