Head for 87 22R

Does anyone have or have a source for a reasonably priced head for a 87 pickup with 22R engine. Water in oil caused the center cam bore to score in mine. Any ideas who can line bore and put inserts in head? Thanks Charles

Reply to
charles bridges

get a new head

you might also be able to find this person's heads on Ebay under the username "engnbldr"

To do the job right, by the time you're done, you'll spend just as much as getting a new head. I spent $600 in parts and questionable machine work to put my 83 celica back together. I had to finish the head work myself by jury-rigging the center cam bearing because it was *still* hosed after align-boring.

I pulled the head off myself and I put the head back on myself. I also supplied all the parts for the machine shop to use (except the camshaft -- which i should have ordered myself as well)

Reply to
Celica Dude