HELP! 22RE header install on 91 2WD

Hi,

Just bought the Pacesetter coated header. I spent tonight removing the factory manifold and exhaust,cleaning and preparing for install of header, new cat, and cat-back system. This header looks and fits pretty good, but does not allow sufficient room (because of primary tube interference) for re-install of the smog loom, but does have a hookup in one primary tube that matches the two bolt flanged smog connector on the truck. Is it safe to assume that if I were to make that connection, it would not react differently than using the smog loom in its factory location? The connection on the primary tube (# 2) is about 6-8 inches down from the port. What about removing this setup altogether instead? I am subject to emissions testing, so I assume its gonna have to stay.

I also bought an SCE copper gasket, which, by coincidence, has the smog ports blocked off at the head where the factory looms would normally attach.

If this will work, my only problem is trying to come up with a way to bridge the two flanges together. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
A57Redfish