Help with passing smog with 320,000 miles..

'93 4x4 3VZE SR5, 5 speed, had a valve job 60k ago, but that is it for engine work. (next to recall at 90k.)

It's getting hard to get this truck past CA smog.

HC CO NO

15MPH, 92(Max92, Ave19) 0.03(Max0.70, Ave0.06) 154(Max533, Ave136) 25MPH 34(Max57, Ave12) 0.01(Max0.84, Ave0.05) 14(Max786, Ave124)

It just passed.

Thats with... fresh oil change, NGK plugs with 3k on them new Bosal cat new air cleaner new fuel filter

92 gas

It still misses a little at low RPM and I guessing that is what is driving up the HC count. Next to that, the truck runs fine. No smoke or anything.

If I keep on the 3 year smog cycle, then I am looking at another 50k+ miles on it the next time it's smogged. Passing smog will be nearly impossible then. But I am worried that with the high HC count, the DMV will force me on a yearly cycle. If so..

What's left to do so I can pass smog next time? I was thinking...

Replace Bosal cat with Toyota cat ($711 outch) Get fuel injectors rebuilt ($25 per injector) MSD ????

Anything else?

Thanks for any suggestions

Reply to
Eddie

Try Auto-Rx

We don't have emission testing here, but my engines run smoother and peppier after the A-Rx cleaning, and look cleaner down the oil filler.

Ken

Eddie wrote:

Reply to
Ken Shelton