HID Lights for a 05 Tundra

Has anyone installed one of the HID sets? I'd like to get some feedback before a I blow the $ 400 plus clams for the lights in my 05 Tundra. Past experience with a BMW was fantastic. Just wondering if I can expect the same radiance, brilliance and range. Thanks in advance for the input.

Reply to
James Enman

Not from the H4 replacements. They will, however, annoy the hell out of everyone with too much glare. The reflector does not have a clean enough cutoff for HID.

There is one way you can go, but it's not cheap. An outfit in Sylmar will take your headlight housings and modify them to use the Infiniti Q45 "gatling gun" projector assembly. These are very nice.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer