Remote starter for an 04 05

Hi group,

I am interested in buying a remote starter for my mother for Christmas. Her Camry is either an 04 or an 05 and I was wondering if there was anything I should look for? I found one installed at Circuit City for $199.00, but read some horror stories with other peoples experiences. e.g. Alarms not working, tail lights flashing randomly, keyless entry not working after install, etc....

This is the one I was looking at:

I spoke to the dealership, and they said that they offer one, but that Toyota didn't start offering one in their vehicles till late 2005, and that they didn't list one for an 2004 or 2005 Camry. I would rather the dealership do it, but they recommend I do it at some place that deals with aftermarket ones, that offer their own installation.

I would just like to get her one where everything will keep working as it should, but she would have remote start as a bonus. The idea sounded good, until I started to read, as I said, "horror stories" about the installs of the units.

Does anyone have any experience with this topic, recommendations, things to look out for, etc....???

Thank you in advance for any comments or advice,

Doug

Reply to
Doug