Aftermarket HID bulbs on '05 XJ8

Does anyone have any experience installing aftermarket HID headlamp bulbs in an '05 XJ8? I know the car has onboard diagnostics that will indicate that a headlight is out. I have read that aftermarket HIDs will trigger this indicator, but there is a modification that can be made to fix it. Any thoughts?

I'd really like to upgrade to OEM HID lights for the XJ8. Any ideas on how to go about this? Is it possible? Parts available?

Had I bought the car brand new, I would have purchased it with OEM HIDs, but since I got a sweet deal on a slightly used one, I'm looking to do an upgrade.

Any thoughts on the subject are most welcome.

Thanks

Jaggy