Highlander tire wear

2003 4WD Bridgstone 28k miles couple are ready to replace. Regularly rotated. No sign of alignment problems. Is this typical for these tires? I typically get 35 - 40 out of OEM tires Any recommendations? Will buy locally. not necessarily Goodyears - father said "Goodyears will always have flats" Bought a set for a previous vehicle - guess what - flats. will buy locally.
Reply to
Tekkie®

That's far better than I expect from the 17" Dunlops on my 4Rnr! Ob your try increasing inflation 4 # over recommended setting. Good Years are better than most tires.

Reply to
Wolfgang

OEM tires generally suck. 30k is pretty good for them.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Goodyear Corp. is finally making some excellent tires. Their Fortera TripleTred tires are one excellent choice for you...those would be my choice. I have the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred on my Volvo, and they're the best tires I've had on that car.

Otherwise, the customer reviews on tirerack.com are pretty good. I think Bridgestone Alenza would be tops, or Michelin LTX M/S, and Firestone Destination LE seem to be a top choice for the price.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Tekkie=AE posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20

--=20 My boss said I was dumb and apathetic. I said I don't know and I don't care...

Tekkie

Reply to
Tekkie®

I replaced the OEM Bridgestones on my 2001 Highlander AWD at 18K miles. They wore badly and made noise. Replaced them with Michelin Cross Terrain SUV. Nice tires and no problems since.

- Chuck

Reply to
Chuck G.

Also purchased the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV for my Highlander. Excellent traction and ride. Wearing quite well so far at 20K.

The Duke

Reply to
The Duke