Hilux vs. Tacoma

I have noticed that outside North America the Toyota pickups are called Hilux and the body style seems "different" than a Tacoma. Are these the same exact trucks with just a different name on the side or is the body and power train truly different? I saw more than one diesel Hilux. Do they even make a diesel option for the Tacoma or Prerunner?

Reply to
GAZ

I wish they did offer a diesel in the Tacoma, I wouldbe first in line to get one. As far as I know other than slight sheet metal differences Tacoma and Hilux are pretty much the same. The gas (petrol) engines are the pretty much the same . I think it it our emission requirement that keep the diesel out of the Tacoma here.

Scott

Reply to
zonie

If you mean 4runner (Prerunner) yes the majority of them are manufactured in Deisel. 3.0litre Turbo D's go quite well.

Reply to
Scotty