How do i know if my springs are bad?

I drive an 85 Toyota 4wd Pickup. This truck has the stock leaf-springs on all four wheels, and I think mine might be bad. How can i tell? Does anyone know of a good test to tell if the springs are shot?

thanks, Anders

Reply to
Anders

Depends on your definition of "bad". If leaves are broken, then for sure they are bad. IF on the otherhand, you are talking about limited suspension travel due to minimal clearance to the bumpstops, then this is normal settling of the springs over time, see:

to do about sagging springs depends on your needs. A set of mildlift springs is an option, 2"-3" can give a much better ride and makethe vehicle quite a bit more capable off-road, especially with someslightly larger tires. Other options include add-a-leaves and longerspring shackles for some added suspension clearance.

Reply to
Roger Brown