Identify Rear Axle?

I have a Toyota pickup rear end (2WD) which is not in a vehicle and I'm trying to identify it as a 7.5" or 8" ring gear. I believe it to be an '84 model. From what I've read, most 2WD models had the 7.5" ring gear, but some may have an 8" even though 2WD. Here's what I know about it. The axles have

27 splines, and there's 23 splines on the pinion. The ring gear actually measures approximately 7.5" O.D., but the case / housing looks exactly like the pictures I've seen of the 8" 4WD cases. I can post bearing numbers / sizes if that would help. Are there any other specific identifying characteristics that would help identify it? Anyone know what I've got here?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Scogin

VIN,axle and gear decoding sites:

Sidney=AE =99 Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 251 000 KM
Reply to
sidneybek