Kepping water in the coolant system?

Hello I drive a 93 toyota pickup with a 22re in it. I was wondering would cause the antifreeze to overflow out of my raideator when my pickup is warming up? Once my pickup is warm this stops. This causes my water level to drop and my engine will rev up and down untill it reaches a certin temp. I recently replaced the water pump trying to fix a coolant leak only to find out that the proble was with my radiator. I got the radiator fixed and, still didnt fix the problem. I replaced the thermostat, still didnt fix the problem. I dont remember if it had this problem before I replacec the water pump or not so I am not sure if the new water pump I put in was defective or not. If anyone can help me with this proble I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jered

Reply to
jered.evans

Blown head-gasket, or bad thermostat.

Start with the thermostat.

4 common symptoms of a blown head-gasket, compression gasses in your coolant, coolant in your exhaust, coolant in your oil, or oil in your coolant.

Gasses in your coolant means your engine will keep belching it's coolant onto the street.

Coolant in your exhaust will lead to big white clouds coming from your exhaust pipe.

Coolant in your oil will turn your oil pan into a dish of mayonnaise.

Oil in your coolant will show up as floating brown bits in your radiator.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I'd replace the radiator cap before thinking a bad head gasket - get an OEM one they are inexpensive and they do wear out where they can't hold pressure in the system.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
nospam