Leveling out my Toyota

I have a 90 4runner and dont like the way the rear end sags. would like to level it out cheaply, and mostly the right way. any suggestions. Stock everything.

Reply to
mudmonkey

New shocks and springs, probably.

If you replace the exist>I have a 90 4runner and dont like the way the rear end sags. would

Reply to
jp2express

Rides like a top, just got it a month ago, I have heard about leveling blocks are they any good. Its not used for heavy wheeling or towing. mostly around town.

Reply to
mudmonkey

Never tried them. Maybe someone else will comment on them, though.

Sounds like a previous owner may have overloaded the truck and physically bent the spr> Rides like a top, just got it a month ago, I have heard about leveling

Reply to
jp2express

Shocks will not level the ride unless they are specifically designed for that purpose. Load Levelling Shocks have a bladder built in, and the vehicle operator simply fills the bladder with air to affect the desired result.

New springs will do the trick. They only need to be longer by the amount of sag that one wants to correct. they do not need to be heavy duty unless there is a load capacity issue that calls for this.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Your options are to install longer springs to raise the back, or insert spring spacers.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

thank you i found some spring helpers that are advertised to level the rear end using my existing springs. really dont want to tear deep into the rearend set up to fix the problem, its all for cosmetics in the end.

Reply to
mudmonkey

They come from the factory with the sag built in. Here is a good article on the problem:

OldPhart

Your springs are 17 years old. Normal use generally calls for new springs after about 10-12 years, and yours are definitely past due. Simply replacing them will raise the back an inch or 2. That generation of 4Runner was well known for sagging in back, and there are other products available for that too. But do nothing till you replace the springs and see how it sits.

There's an abundance of suspension products available at

.

Reply to
Dan G