Lexan moldboard for Sno-way plow on Tacoma

Sno-way makes a plow that fits the Tacoma, I've plowed with it for four years. I stayed with the steel moldboard because it cost less but I'm begining to rethink that, because it weighs more than the lexan moldboard that is available.

The moldboard is the curved back of the plow above the blade. I can't seem to find the specifications for the lexan moldboard. I thought it would be quarter inch thick, but the price for that size lexan from a local glass supplier was a lot more than the price of the moldboard from Sno-way themselves.

I asked for a price on 1/8" lexan and that was a lot more reasonable and closer to the Sno-way price. I'm thinking I don't need to get this from Sno-way as they would add their markup for it and though they call it a polycarbonate moldboard, that's what Lexan is.

So if 1/8" thick lexan is what is being used, I can measure the moldboard and have it cut and install it myself. But I can't seem to find that information. Does anyone know?

Thanks, Corky Scott

Reply to
charles.k.scott