Location of expansion valve in 87 Van

Hi all. The a/c in my 87 van is pretty much nonexistant right now. Last summer I converted it over to 134 with moderate success. (I got it to blow around 60 degrees) Well this summer - it's warmer. Around 70 degrees. Apparently there are no leaks because the system still holds a vacuum, so this leads me to believe that the expansion valve must be frozen up but I'll be damned if I can find it. I guess I could shell out a hundred bucks and buy a repair manual, but I figured I'd try here first. If anybody can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Paco

97 Montego Blue (for fun only) 94 Dodge Grand Caravan ES (work van) The La-z-boy with wheels 87 Toyota Vanwagon (backup work van) Yes, it has an engine... somewhere.
Reply to
Pacocase