Monster Garage next Monday has a Miata in it

Hey all, I was watching TV last night and saw a preview for Monster Garage next Monday. They're apparently turning a Miata into a rocket car. Hope it turns out better than when they destoryed the convertible RX-7.

Paco

97 Montego Blue (for fun only) 94 Dodge Grand Caravan ES (work van) The La-z-boy with wheels 87 Toyota Vanwagon (backup work van) Yes, it has an engine... somewhere.
Reply to
Pacocase

Lanny Chambers

Oh my, a jetski... well that's interesting too. I hope it floats. Here's hoping they use a first gen!

Paco

97 Montego Blue Miata 91 Toyota Previa 77 Suzuki RE5
Reply to
Pacocase

I've only seen a few Monster Garage shows but I like them. One thing I'm amazed are the paint jobs. Its tough to determine how really good they are. How would you compare one of those Monster Garage custom paint jobs to a Mazda factory with its multi-million dollar high-tech computerized paint rooms?

Reply to
Pat

Yeah, I like the show too, except the announcer is incredibly obnoxious. Those paint jobs usually look fabulous. I think they must spend a week on them before they resume filming.

Paco

97 Montego Blue Miata 91 Toyota Previa 77 Suzuki RE5
Reply to
Pacocase

Oh, then you missed the hilarious ending. (I don't have cable, but I read an account from one of the participants.)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I suppose I should have watched the whole thing, but I switched channels when Jesse OK'd the use of a propeller. I figured it was a boat, then--not a jetski.

DonB

Reply to
DonB

They didn't make much of a splash. Somewhat enjoyable, though Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

Miata

Reply to
jimuntch

Well, honestly, Jesse seems to hate everything, so I don't let his comments bother me. If it doesn't have a huge engine or if it's not on two wheels, he's not interested. That was a crappy crew, also. One would think that they would have searched out a crew of Miata enthusiasts, but oh well.

As for the wasting of the brand new parts, yeah, that bothered me for a long time. They always destroy some very expensive brand new stuff, and you just know that somewhere, there's some guy yelling at his TV going "Nooooooo! I could have used that!" Like the old Bronco/Rock Crawler episode. That thing had like 40 grand worth of brand new parts on it, and Jesse just took it out and tried to roll it over. Which he did in very short order. I don't care about rock crawling and that one kinda pissed me off.

Ultimately though, you just have to sit back and realize that manufacturers will make more parts and that it's not your money. :)