Small Person in a Miata?

Quick Question:

Haven't had the circumstances to test drive yet, but I'm considering a new or late model Miata. However, some cars don't work in my situation because I'm 5'2" tall.

I know tall drivers can experience clastrophobia in the Miata; I'm kind of hoping I don't suffer the reverse.

Any opinions?

Thanks for your time.

-Mike.

Reply to
Michael Kraynak

considering a

I'm

I'm vertically challenged myself (grin) - about 5'4" - and I have absolutely no problem with the Miata. Just slide that seat forward until you can floor the clutch pedal. Then adjust the rake of the seatback until your arms are comfortable. And the interior is small enough that you'll still be able to reach everything from the driver's seat.

You'll also have the advantage of being able to see stoplights thru the windshield - which I understand is a problem for some "more vertical" folks. ;)

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Miatas are fine for shorter drivers, my wife who is about 5'-1" loves driving our miata and has no problems whatsoever reaching things.

Bruce & Erin '97 montego blue

Reply to
TBG

I'm 5'4" and I love my Miata because I fit in it like a normal person fits in a regular car. Hey, I actually don't have to have the seat all the way up in this car! Woo hoo, it's three notches from the back. : ) On the opposite end of the scale one of my friends is 6'3" and he fit in his M1 without any problems other than the previously mentioned not-being-able-to-see-stoplights disorder that taller Miata drivers tend to have. In short, test drive the car. You'll buy it the same day. : )

Paco

97 Montego Blue (for fun only) 94 Dodge Grand Caravan ES (work van) The La-z-boy with wheels 87 Toyota Vanwagon (backup work van) Yes, it has an engine... somewhere.
Reply to
Pacocase

She can be trained by any patient teacher.

I've even trained mine to fill the tank before she leaves the car.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

Thanks for your comments, folks. OK, now for that test drive!

-Mike.

Reply to
Michael Kraynak

GO FOR IT!