Loose Pin in parking brake assembly, 2001 Land Cruiser

I was changing the rear rotors on my 2001 Land Cruiser. The passenger side came off without a hitch. I was told I did not have to replace the parking brake shoes since it's really only used for parking, and are supposed to wear down to almost to metal.

When I tried to remove the drivers side rotor, it was stuck. The parking brake shoes caught inside of the drum. Finally after getting the old rotor off, I re-assembled the whole parking brake assembly. There are two pins that hold the shoes in place, the rear one holds tight, but the front one (longer and has a corrected bend), is loose and does not hold the shoe tight against the axle assembly. It kinda floats, and likely to snag if try to take the rotor off again. Both springs were colored blue with the 1/4 turn twist cap, and were the same size. I may take off the other side, to see if I'm missing something.

Has anyone experienced this, I believe this same parking brake assembly is the same on the Sequoia and Tundra?

Reply to
Rastamon