mpg

can anyone tell me what kind of mpg the 2003 to 2001 small trucks with the 4 cyl and manual trannys are getting? thanks eric

Reply to
eric

Umm, asking the question like that is kind of like asking "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

That's not a flip response - though I admit it did start as one. ;-) So I figured I'd better explain why.

(Oh, by the way... Three. And if you are under 30 you probably have no freaking idea what I'm talking about...)

The mileage will vary a LOT depending on how heavy your right foot is, how you load the truck, whether you have a shell or tonneau to cut wind resistance or a ladder rack to add to it, the season (much lower in the winter), flatland or hilly, city or highway, whether you have to use MTBE or Ethanol added emissions-blend fuel (oxygenated fuels will cut the mileage because they drop the BTU per gallon) etc.

When you consider numbers that other people will throw out in response, to reach a proper decision the people stating their mileage have to state honestly what their variables are also.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I keep track of my mileage to a tee and since Dec 31st, have been getting on average 21mpg. I am in Newfoundland. So that includes driving in snow, ice, carrying a 450lb sled in the back at times, some highway driving, etc. Overall, I am pleased with the mileage. I also have 225 tires on for the winter as well. 2003 Taco XtraCab 4x4 4cyl

Reply to
Brad P

A wild generalization of "optimal":

You're probably looking at low 20's in town and mid to high 20's highway - perhaps more on hwy if you were to peg at 65mph or less on a long trip.

Reply to
S.Lewis

If the 2004 are the same as 2001-03, then here's another data point:

25 mpg city 23-31 mpg highway depending on speed

=== Steve Shoreline, Washington USA snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com

4 Apr 2006, 1918 PDT
Reply to
Stephen Dailey