New 4runner Owner- Octane needed 87 ok or not??

Is 87 Octane ok in a new Toyota 4Runner Ltd with a V-8 or should I use 89. I know highest octanes are unnecessary.I have 450 total miles one tank 87 other 89 and I just refilled with 87.87 is fine right???

Reply to
Lee Eppel

Is 87 Octane ok in a new Toyota 4Runner Ltd with a V-8 or should I use 89. I know highest octanes are unnecessary.I have 450 total miles one tank 87 other 89 and I just refilled with 87.87 is fine right???

Reply to
Lee Eppel

Your Owner's Manual should list the proper fuel grade to run. What does it say?

Reply to
Roger Brown

I had the same question with my v8 4runner. I started out with the premium, and switched to the regular grade. No difference, no knocking...save the money and buy regular.

Reply to
Harry Krause

I have a 2003 4 runner with the v-8, and I run regular. It runs just fine. I wish Toyota made their trucks and cars run on E85 fuel. That's only $1.29 by my house. Most of the domestics run it.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Manual is all over the place. It has 89 in one spot and 87 in another. Same with towing. 5000 lbs on one page, 7000 on another.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I've had two 4-Runners (the last one being a 2000) and never had any problems burning 87 in them. They are great machines!

N.T.

Reply to
hey there

Im broke after paying for my new 4-runner...the cheap stuff better work !!

Reply to
Jodysdee