NWOR 2" Soft Ride Lift on an '85 pickup not so smooth??!

About 6 months ago i installed a 2" Northwest Offroad lift on my 85 Toyota Pickup. I chose this lift specifically because it was engineered to be as smooth riding suspension. The problem is that its just as stiff as my stock suspension. Surely this wasnt what the designers had in mind. Any suggestions/ comments? Could this be due to the fact that i am running rancho rs5000 shocks?

thanks, Anders

Reply to
Anders

"Smooth" is a relative term. Smooth according to what standard. I beleive what they refer to smooth as compared to a standard 2" lift which is harder riding than the 2" smooth lift. I had a 1976 jeep with a "soft" suspension. It was soft compared to a 1967 Jeep which had no give at all. Mine rode like a Cadillac compared to theirs, but still rode like a rock compared to my car. My stock springs were worn out on my 84 and bounced like hell out of control. The smooth lift made the ride smoother than a standard lift, but stiffened the truck back to a factory kind of feel where it got the bumps over with in a hurry. I don't like to bounce. I don't beleive you will ever be able to make an 85 4x4 Toyota ride as smooth as a new Toyota with the coil springs, unless perhaps you reengineer the suspension to handle coils or airbags and frankly, I wouldn't want to mess up the off-road function of that truck. Want a softer ride? Buy a newer truck.

Reply to
Brad Taylor