Lift Kits for an 85' toyota pickup?

I have an 85, 4wd pickup with a 22r engine, straight axle in the front and back and leaf springs all around. Right now i am have the stock suspension which sucks, but i am looking for a reliable and affordable lift kit. I want about a 2" lift, and I also want to run Rancho 9000s. Any advice would be much appriciated.

Thanks Anders

Reply to
Wolfgang

check out

he makes custom body lifts. people seem to like his work. i'm planning on getting a 1" body lift this spring from him.

mike

Reply to
Mike Deskevich

My number one advice, don't go with the Rancho 9000s. They are way too stiff and you'll hate the ride especially in a pickup without weight in the back. You'll be jumping the rear end over every pot hole and speed bump. As far as what lift, surf the net looking for suspensions. I'm not really sure, but you might find it hard to get only 2 inches and still get all the springs replaced. You might have to go to about 3 inches of lift. Add a leaf kits won't really help if you don't like the current ride of your truck either.

Chris whitewall junkie Mfinja's Hot Wheels with WhitewallsAll Small Wheels Error Cars

Reply to
Whitewall Junkie